Makita (36V) LXT® 14" Chain Saw, TOOL ONLY
Arborists are demanding more cordless alternatives to gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line of cordless OPE, including the 18V X2 LXT® (36V) Brushless 14” Chain Saw (model XCU07Z, tool only, batteries and charger sold separately). With zero emissions, lower noise, and considerably less maintenance, the XCU07Z is a welcome solution for cutting and trimming applications. It’s powered by two 18V LXT® batteries (sold separately) for 36V power and run time, but without leaving the strongly-preferred 18V battery platform. And with the efficient Makita outer rotor brushless motor with direct drive system, users get high power efficiency that is equivalent to a gas chain saw.
The XCU07Z has a 14” guide bar and the Makita-built motor with variable speed delivers 0-3,940 FPM for increased cutting speed. It has zero emissions and reduced maintenance: there's no engine oil to change, no spark plug to replace, and no air filter or muffler to clean. And there's no need to drain the fuel for storage. Simply pick it up, load two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries (sold separately), and the saw is ready to use. Convenience features include captured bar nuts, lateral chain tensioning, a front hand guard engineered to actuate chain brake when engaged, and a built-on lock lever to help prevent the chain from accidentally engaging.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Guide Bar Length : 14"
- Pitch : 3/8" LP"
- Gauge : .043"
- Chain Speed : 3,940 FPM
- Net Weight (with battery) : 11.5 lbs.
- Battery : 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Power Type : Cordless
- Shipping Weight : 8.8 lbs.
- UPC Code : 088381-870634
- Makita-built Outer Rotor BL™ Brushless Motor direct-drive system provides high power efficiency equivalent to a 32cc gas chain saw
- Captured bar nuts and lateral chain tensioning for convenient operation and maintenance
- Variable speed trigger and high chain speed (0-3,940 FPM) for improved cutting performance
- Two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries deliver 36V power and performance without leaving the 18V LXT® platform (batteries not included)
- Built-in L.E.D. on/off switch with auto power-off function; automatically shuts the saw off when operation is delayed for extended battery life
- Low noise level and zero emissions for operator comfort
- Weighs only 11.5 lbs. with batteries (batteries not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Adjustable automatic chain lubrication with large oil reservoir
- Large oil filling port with view window allows operator to easily add and check bar oil level
- Rubberized soft grip top handle is engineered for the user to more easily apply even cutting pressure
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Batteries and charger not included
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers