Petzl Rig Compact Descender / Belay Device, NFPA
The RIG is a compact self-braking descender for work on a rope.
The self-braking RIG descender is designed for difficult-access work and rescue professionals. It allows the user to access the work station and then easily position himself by using the handle to lock the device in place on the rope. Easy to grasp, this descender is intuitive and comfortable to use. With its innovative and compact design, the RIG offers a simple, efficient alternative to traditional descenders.
- Designed for work on a rope
- The safety gate on the moving side plate helps prevent dropping the device and facilitates installation of the rope and passing intermediate anchors
- Multi-functional handle allows the user to unblock the rope and control the descent with the hand on the free end of the rope and position themself while on the rope without tying off the device
- The spring loaded handle returns to the belay position in order to reduce the possibility of involuntary release.
- Handle storage position for when the descender is being carried on the harness.
- Pivoting cam facilitates taking up the slack in the rope. Can also be used to make a reversible haul system, and for short ascents (in conjunction with a FOOTPRO foot loop and an ASCENSION handled rope clamp).
- A screw (integrated into the back of the device) allows the moving side-plate to be locked so that the RIG can be part of a rescue kit.
- Made in France
- 3-year guarantee.
- Weight: 380g
- Color: yellow: D21A, black: D21AN
- aluminum side plates
- stainless steel cam
- Nylon handle
For use with single ropes between 10.5 and 11.5mm in diameter
Certification: CE EN 12841 type C CE EN 341 class A NFPA 1983, Light Use